ANNOUNCE: GHC version 6.8.2

Christian Maeder Christian.Maeder at dfki.de
Fri Dec 14 04:30:34 EST 2007

Ian Lynagh wrote:
> I'm not sure where GMP frameworks on OS X fit in.

The framework does not fit it at all, because the binary has not been
built with it.

Conversely, a binary built with (some) frameworks can't do anything with
corresponding dylibs. (We haven't agreed yet, if dylibs or frameworks
should be preferred.)

> Incidentally, I suspect the otool output actually means it depends on
> /some/ libgmp.3.dylib, and it is using one that it found in
> /opt/local/lib/libgmp.3.dylib, but I could be wrong.

The full path /opt/local/lib/libgmp.3.dylib is (somehow) stored in the
binary, but libgmp.3.dylib will be found in any other path, too.
Possibly the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH has to be set for uncommon paths.

HTH Christian