ANNOUNCE: GHC version 6.8.2

Manuel M T Chakravarty chak at cse.unsw.edu.au
Thu Dec 13 00:29:13 EST 2007

Ian Lynagh wrote:
>   =============================================================
>    The (Interactive) Glasgow Haskell Compiler -- version 6.8.2
>   =============================================================
>
> The GHC Team is pleased to announce a new patchlevel release of GHC.
> This release contains a number of bugfixes relative to 6.8.1,
> including
> some significant performance fixes, so we recommend upgrading.

A binary distribution for Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) is available from

   http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~chak/haskell/ghc-6.8.2-i386-apple-darwin.tar.bz2

To use this binary distribution, you need to have "readline" from
MacPorts installed.

Manuel

PS: This time around, there should be no dependency on MacPorts'
"gmp", but this is hard for me to test locally.