HUnit 1.2.0.0 on 6.8.1 vs 1.1.1 on 6.6.1

Greg Fitzgerald garious at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 13:46:12 EST 2007

> >> *** Exception: (unknown)
>
> On Dec 3, 2007 7:23 AM, Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li> wrote:
> > This is caused by a change in the HUnit library, from
> >    assertFailure msg = ioError (userError (hunitPrefix ++ msg))
> >    assertFailure msg = E.throwDyn (HUnitFailure msg)

I've had no luck contacting Dean Herington using the email address posted on
the HUnit page.

> They just use the latest version in the darcs repositories at the time
that they are built

Sounds like this is the first case where the latest version isn't a stable
one (Go Haskell!).  Is it much trouble for package maintainers to package
GHC with HUnit.1.1.1?  To keep it simple, maybe there should be an
HUnitStable branch where 1.1.1 is the latest version?

Thanks,
Greg