ANNOUNCE: GHC version 6.6.1

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Mon Apr 30 02:11:09 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-04-30 at 10:05 +0400, Bulat Ziganshin wrote:
> Hello Duncan,
>
> Sunday, April 29, 2007, 8:00:56 PM, you wrote:
>
> >> java/c# libs can't be used with current ghc, so 99% of
>
> > Making it possible to use Haskell in mixed language projects with C++
> > and Java
>
> how ghc/mingw can be used with java? :)

I expect it's quite tricky! :-)

I'm not claiming it works or is easy, I was just commenting that making
it possible or easier to use Haskell in larger mixed language projects
is a good goal.

Of course I've never tried it but I'd probably start by looking at the
haskell-jvm-bridge (http://sourceforge.net/projects/jvm-bridge/) and
seeing if that can be made to work with Sun Java on windows or perhaps
GNU gcj works on mingw these days.

Duncan