ANNOUNCE: GHC version 6.6.1

shelarcy shelarcy at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 14:34:34 EDT 2007

Hello Bulat,

I think that builders/distributers use "make binary-dist" to
make binary distribution normally.

http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Building/Using#BootstrappingGHC

"make binary-dist" calls prep-bin-dist-mingw to make Windows friendly
distribution now.

http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/cvs-ghc/2007-April/034978.html

And before this change, we use "prep-bin-dist-mingw" explicitly to
make Windows friendly distro.

So I sent follow previous message. Because leaving incorrect
prep-bin-dist-mingw lack some files that is important C++
for compilation.

http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/glasgow-haskell-bugs/2007-March/008738.html

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 01:29:26 +0900, Bulat Ziganshin <bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 22:07:47 +0900, Bulat Ziganshin
>> <bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> can you please include in win32 distro c++ compiler, as it was done
>>> before and as it requested by trac ticket
>>> http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/1024 ?
>
>> This problem is already fixed.
>
>> http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/cvs-ghc/2007-April/034976.html
>
> the problem i said can't be fixed by anyone except than *builder* of
> windows distro. the problem is lack of files of c++ compiler and libraries in
> distro, not the ghc behavior

OK, builders is important role to make windows distro.
But from above reasons, I think prep-bin-dist-mingw (this change
"make binary-dist" behavior, not to change ghc behavior) also important
role to make windows distribution.

Best Regards,

--
shelarcy <shelarcy    hotmail.co.jp>