libgdk_pixbuf-2.0-0.dll Problem

Mike Matthews mike at mj-m.co.uk
Wed Apr 25 09:13:25 EDT 2007

I wonder if anyone can help me.

I have used glade and gtk2hs to create a GUI for my Connect 4 program,
using .png images to depict the counters on the screen.

Everything was working fine until I tried running my program on
another computer.  Predictably, there were a number of dll files
required, so I copied these into the directory containing my
executable (compiled with GHC 6.6).  The program then runs correctly,
but doesn't display anyof my images.

Further investigation showed that the problem seems to be with the
libgdk_pixbuf-2.0-0.dll file.  Whenever this is in the same folder as
my executable (even on my computer) the program displays no images.

If anyone can shed any light on this that'd be great.  It may be that
I'm going about this completely the wrong way.  In particular if
there's a program out there for easily creating an msi package or
something to neatly package the required files please let me know - I
haven't been able to find it.

Many thanks in advance.

Mike