diagnostics' identifier quoting style

Al Falloon afalloon at synopsys.com
Mon Apr 16 11:25:38 EDT 2007

If the output messages were in some sort of structured format then a
simple post processor could convert them into whatever style is requested.

A post-processor that generates the current messages could be tacked-on
to the end of the current compile tool-chain for backward compatibility.

This would open the door for tools that colorize the output or provide a
mechanism for enhanced IDE integration.