FreeBSD/amd64 registerised running

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 12:14:05 EDT 2007

Hi

> I'm hoping that by the end of this summer, nhc98 will be able to compile
> the whole of ghc.  :-)  Also, and alternatively, the yhc chaps have
> mooted the idea of moving from nhc98's front end to ghc's, which might
> eventually give you a fully portable bytecode route to bootstrapping ghc
> on new machines.

We half thought about that, but a more direct goal is to be able to
convert GHC Core to Yhc Core, then we can use either GHC's front end
(via system) or Yhc's (natively). This would mean that we would be
able to compile any library with GHC then use it with Yhc. This
project will take about three days, once GHC has a non-broken Core
library.

Thanks

Neil