more fixups for GHC docs

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Mon Sep 25 19:10:02 EDT 2006

Hi Bulat,

Thanks for the suggestions!

On Tue, Sep 19, 2006 at 05:52:53PM +0400, Bulat Ziganshin wrote:

> in GHC library paragraph - add a link to the API documentation. btw,
> my download (http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/current/dist/ghc-6.5.20060901-i386-unknown-mingw32.tar.gz)
> don't includes any library docs nor $(GHC)/doc/html/libraries/index.html
> can you please fix this?

I'll probably look into this as part of the move to buildbot. In the
meantime, the most recent docs should be available at
http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/current/docs/

> also, it will be great to use each library section heading as URL to
> the docs of corresponding library:
>
> 1.4.4.1 [[url://libraries/base/index.html base]]

We don't have this, do we? All the library docs are combined in
libraries/index.html.

> "GHC.Exts now provides a function lazy which forces GHC to think that
> its argument is lazy in its first argument. " - a copy-paste typo?

Do you mean the double "argument"? If so, then no:

In
    lazy f
f is "its argument", and f is lazy in f's "first argument". This is a
pain to explain clearly and concisely. Is this better?:

    GHC.Exts now provides a magic function /lazy/ such that GHC is
    forced to think that /lazy f/ is lazy in its first argument.

Or am I misunderstanding your point completely?

Thanks
Ian