small errors in ghc 6.6

Rene de Visser Rene_de_Visser at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 19 15:13:56 EDT 2006

"Tomasz Zielonka" <tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:20060919183549.GC12638 at lambda...
> BTW. The -fno-recomp option has a very unintuitive name, at least for
> me. When I see "-fno-recomp", my brain thinks "no recompilation",
> meaning "no unneccesary recompilation", which is what --make does by
> default. Using "-fno-recomp" causes all modules to be recompiled,
> whether they changed or not. I think one of -frecomp or
> -fno-recomp-checking would be much clearer. But it's probably too
> late to change that...

I believe this is worth fixing. Everytime I see "-fno-recomp" I always read
it as no recompilation.
A synonym could be added in 6.6.
I would suggest -fforce-recomp for force recompilation.

In 6.8 -fno-recomp could be flagged as obsolete.
In 7.0 it could be removed.

Rene.