Change Data.Bits.rotate to rotate Integer (unbounded) types

Peter Tanski p.tanski at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 23:46:34 EDT 2006

Welcome back!  Since Data.Bits is not defined in the Haskell 1998
standard, are we free to change the implementation of Data.Bits?  if
we are free to change the implementation of Data.Bits, would it be
all right to change the operation of rotate, rotateL and rotateR over
unbounded types (to my knowledge, currently only Integer)?  I would
like to change rotate, rotateL and rotateR to actually rotate (not
shift) Integers.

-Pete