FiniteMap

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Tue Sep 5 09:13:33 EDT 2006

> > So does anyone have any objections if I go ahead and commit the
> > replacement (compatibility) implementation of Data.FiniteMap to the
> > main repository for packages/base?
>
> I'd rather see HaXml updated to use Data.Map, perhaps with a
> compatibility layer for older GHCs.

OK, I've looked more closely at all uses of Data.FiniteMap in HaXml, and
they are far from critical, so have reverted them to using simpler
lookup structures.

As far as I can tell, none of my other software now depends on FiniteMap
either, so I withdraw the threat to resuscitate it.  (Sorry Duncan!)

Regards,
    Malcolm