ghc-testsuite-6.6 on Macs

Christian Maeder maeder at tzi.de
Tue Oct 31 10:30:26 EST 2006

Did someone run the test-suite of the binary distributions?

http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/6.6/ghc-6.6-ppc-apple-darwin.tar.gz
http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/6.6/ghc-6.6-i386-apple-darwin.tar.bz2

I've build a (ppc-) mac-distribution from sources and my results are
shown below.

I had the following 3 unexpected failures under linux, too (by using
"make TEST_HC=<installed ghc>" and the <installed ghc> was from
http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/6.6/ghc-6.6-i386-unknown-linux.tar.bz2)

   cg058(ghci)
   ghcpkg01(normal)
   ghcpkg03(normal)

I thought the failure signals002(ghci) was related to
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.haskell.glasgow.user/10947
In fact, I needed to kill the ghc-process to continue the tests.

The test files cc004.hs and ffi012.hs failed with several messages of
the form:

    calling convention not supported on this architecture: stdcall
    When checking declaration:
        foreign import stdcall safe "wrapper"
            wrap_f :: F -> IO (FunPtr F)

However, they did not make it into the summary

Cheers Christian

OVERALL SUMMARY for test run started at Mon Oct 23 14:54:15 CEST 2006
    1455 total tests, which gave rise to
    6441 test cases, of which
       0 caused framework failures
    1126 were skipped