[Hugs-users] Record puns, time for removal?

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Mon Oct 30 19:30:42 EST 2006

On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 12:11:23PM -0000, Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:
> I always thought it was a mistake to remove record puns in H98.  I would
> not be against re-introducing them into GHC, since they appear to remain
> in Hugs and are in Yhc.

yes. jhc has them too and I wish ghc did.

puns like Foo { .. } would be great too.

I made this page on the wiki to record fixes to the record system:

http://haskell.galois.com/cgi-bin/haskell-prime/trac.cgi/wiki/ExistingRecords

most would be pretty straightforward to implement.

        John

--
John Meacham - ⑆repetae.net⑆john⑈