Bad control characters in GHCi 6.6 (Mac OS X PPC)

Björn Buckwalter bjorn.buckwalter at
Mon Oct 23 11:59:19 EDT 2006

On 10/19/06, Simon Marlow <simonmar at> wrote:
> See this page that I just created:

I tried these instructions, first by using my existing (darwinports)
readline in /opt/local, and when that failed by first installing
readline in /usr/local per the instructions. Neither fixed the
problem. I don't know why but perhaps I failed to remove the traces of
my initial install completely. In the end I gave up and installed Greg
Heartsfield's binary package which remedied my problems (thanks

Thanks anyway Simon,

-Bjorn Buckwalter