Concurrency issue with dynamic linker in GHC

Simon Marlow simonmarhaskell at
Mon Oct 23 09:54:14 EDT 2006

Bulat Ziganshin wrote:
> Hello Simon,
> Monday, October 23, 2006, 5:05:56 PM, you wrote:
>>Perhaps your bug is that you're using hGetBufNonBlocking, which isn't on Windows?
> _whose_ bug? you write to Simon Marlow :)

Sorry - let me rephrase that: perhaps the problem is that hs-plugins uses
hGetBufNonBlocking, which isn't non-blocking on Windows?

> and what is you explanation why Vyacheslav's programs using getLine
> does block?

I really don't know.  Could hs-plugins be trying to access stdin?  stdin would
be locked by the thread trying to read from it with getLine.