Installing a library

jim burton jim at sdf-eu.org
Fri Oct 20 16:39:22 EDT 2006

A very basic question re using GHC 6.4.1 on ubuntu linux - how do I go about
installing a library? I want to install HUnit and suspected that
/usr/lib/haskell-packages/ghc6/lib would be the place to untar it (into the
dir HUnit-1.0), but that doesn't work. I was reluctant to move the contents
of HUnit-1.0 directly into ...ghc6/lib because it includes examples and docs
as well as the module files.

I notice that MissingH, which I've installed, is in that dir but inside it's
top level there are files like HSMissingH-0.13.1.o,  installed-pkg-config,
libHSMissingH-0.13.1.a ... does that mean that MissingH is a Package
(something which I don't understand to be honest) and HUnit isn't?

How do I tell what the load path of GHC is and add something to it? Where
should I unpack HUnit for it to be accessible?

Thanks,