Data.Array.MArray "lost" bounds

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 10:25:33 EDT 2006

Hello Andreas,

> getBounds :: (MArray a e m, Ix i) => a i e -> m (i,i) but it misses the good
> old
> bounds [which had type bounds :: (HasBounds a, Ix i) => aie -> (i,i)].
> What is the rational behind this change?
> Are MArrays now able to change there size?

no. but now you can implement array type that has dynamic bound and still
compatible with MArray class

i have already implemented such beast as part of my ArrayRef library.
look at http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Library/ArrayRef

you can steal my code, or switch to using my library. the later has
advantage of compatibility with both 6.4 and 6.6

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com