Data.Array.MArray "lost" bounds

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at
Wed Oct 18 10:25:33 EDT 2006

Hello Andreas,

> getBounds :: (MArray a e m, Ix i) => a i e -> m (i,i) but it misses the good
> old
> bounds [which had type bounds :: (HasBounds a, Ix i) => aie -> (i,i)].
> What is the rational behind this change?
> Are MArrays now able to change there size?

no. but now you can implement array type that has dynamic bound and still
compatible with MArray class

i have already implemented such beast as part of my ArrayRef library.
look at

you can steal my code, or switch to using my library. the later has
advantage of compatibility with both 6.4 and 6.6

Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at