Link errors when using the GHC API

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Mon Oct 16 06:41:24 EDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-16 at 12:29 +0200, Bas van Dijk wrote:
> (I noticed my reply to Mathew Mills didn't reach the GHC list, so here it is.)
>
> On Wednesday 11 October 2006 21:53, Mathew Mills wrote:
> > Interesting.   I was unable to reproduce your problem.  What platform
> > are you running on?  Are you using a binary distribution or one you
> > built from source?
>
> I'm running Gentoo Linux (x86). I emerged the latest GHC (6.6). So GHC is
> built from source.

> BTW, why is the (ghc-6.6) package listed between parentheses?

Because it's not exposed by default. This is because it doesn't make use
of the module namespace and so if it were exposed by default it'd get in
the way too often.

> I also emerged GHC on another PC with the same architecture running the same
> Gentoo version and there I had the same error:

This is a problem with the way we have packaged it for Gentoo. We know
the source of the problem and will fix it soon.

Thanks for testing it for us before it got into the main portage
tree. :-)

Duncan