ghc-6.6 candidate Win32 installer

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 16:29:32 EDT 2006

Hi Einar,

> If people are interested I have NSIS scripts that make it trivial to
> create windows binary installers for many Haskell packages (for GHC).

I am working on such a project myself for Haskell programs
(haddock/alex etc) but not libraries. Can you give more details about
your proposal, so I don't end up doing something already solved?

My plan is to reuse the WinHugs installer for Yhc, WinHugs, Hat and
Cabal generated programs (Haddock, Alex, Happy).

> I would be interested in creating a repository of windows binary
> packages but I lack the space for hosting such a thing.

This is exactly the thing that haskell.org should be used for! Perhaps
you might want to look at hackage as well, and see if you can
integrate with that.

Thanks

Neil