ghc-6.6 under solaris

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at
Thu Oct 12 11:06:32 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-10-12 at 15:28 +0200, Christian Maeder wrote:
> I've created ghc-6.6 under solaris. This did only work with SplitObj=No
> in mk/ (There was an early split error, that I could reproduce.)
> When trying out this compiler, I got the following error (that I only
> post for the record):
> Cheers Christian
> [410 of 642] Compiling Proofs.HideTheoremShift (
> Proofs/HideTheoremShift.hs, Proofs/HideTheoremShift.o )
> ghc-6.6: panic! (the 'impossible' happened)
>   (GHC version 6.6 for sparc-sun-solaris2):
>         lookupDeprec main:GUI.ConsoleUtils.listBox{v r36Wf}
> Please report this as a GHC bug:

Are you using sparc solaris or x86 solaris?

I've so far been unable to get ghc-6.5 working on sparc linux, at least
not a registerised build. The build works fine but then the resulting
ghc fails on startup with an error about the scheduler being re-entered
unsafely. I don't have the exact error message to hand right now.