Bad interface file error with GHC RC2

Ian Lynagh igloo at
Wed Oct 4 09:39:28 EDT 2006

On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 10:45:51PM +0300, Krasimir Angelov wrote:
> When I tried to build VSHaskell with the RC2 version of GHC I got the
> following error:
> src\lib\Registry.hsc:30:0:
>    Bad interface file: C:\Program
>    Files\Haskell\comlib-0.1\ghc-6.5.20061001/Com
> Dll.hi
>        Something is amiss; requested module  comlib-0.1:ComDll differs from
>        nam
> e found in the interface file comlib:ComDll
> Am I doing something wrong or it is a bug? The COM library is built using
> Cabal.

Did it work with earlier RCs?

Does comlib get wired into the compiler at all? I had a similar problem
with base, where the compiler had the package name wired in:
    basePackageId      = fsToPackageId FSLIT("base")
but cabal was building it with
    -package-name base-2.0
To solve it I put
    -package-name base