Controlling -fno-unit-at-a-time

Ravi Nanavati ravi at
Tue Oct 3 16:59:58 EDT 2006

If I understand the way things work, GHC decides whether or not to emit
the -fno-unit-at-a-time flag in -fvia-C compilation based on whether or
not the gcc used when compiling GHC supported the flag or not. I'm
running into trouble using precompiled GHC snapshots (that were compiled
on machines whose gcc supports -fno-unit-at-a-time) on a machine whose
gcc doesn't support it (a gcc 3.2 version, I believe).

Is there any way force GHC to not emit the flag (short of recompiling
from source)?

  - Ravi