Core package: attempt #1

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 10:26:42 EDT 2006

Hi Bulat,

> i've uploaded my first attempt to define Core package as
> http://www.haskell.org/bz/core20061003.tar.gz

Cool. The one thing that worries my slightly is that HugsCore.Bool
imports Prelude, and surely Prelude will end up importing
HugsCore.Bool at some point? It seems that Core needs to not depend on
Prelude, so that the Prelude itself can be written in a cross-compiler
friendly way.

> as you can see, compiler-specific definitions are very short here,
> much of code is in compiler-independent modules. i hope that adding yhc
> and jhc support should be rather simple

As soon as you have a darcs repo and can make some headway towards
compiling base, the Yhc team will submit an appropriate CoreYhc.

Thanks

Neil