runtime fusion for Data.ByteString.cons ?

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 13:37:45 EST 2006

Hello Duncan,

>> great! i think that inclusion of fps into base was mistake, and now
>> you should understand why

> On the other hand it means that we can make other things in base take
> advantage of Data.ByteString (or Data.PackedString when that becomes
> available)

1) it will be great to not include FPS into base until you will start
to implement such things. anyway, you can't change base between major
ghc releases and its the whole problem

2) i'm hardly imagine things that really need to be included in base
and use FPS. the whole problem, again, is difficulties with changes in
base which prevents its whole development. its much, much better to
implement new things in other libs which can be easily installed,
upgraded and don't suffer from ghc-version dependency. we should think
about removing things from base, not in the opposite direction

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com