find module of `fromJust Nothing'

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Mon Nov 13 07:17:07 EST 2006

The "Maybe.fromJust: Nothing" comes from the library code itself.
The "Nat1" part is simply the name of the binary.  It give no clue to who called fromJust.

Finding who called fromJust is an often-requested feature eg http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/960
.  Currently our best answer is to try with the -xc flag (involves recompiling)

The Haskellwiki debugging page could perhaps mention the -xc thing.  I had trouble even finding the page from the Haskell.org home page.   http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Debugging

Simon