hsman

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 08:30:43 EST 2006

Hi

> How would it work on Unix? I assume that the command-line program just
> takes it's input "from the command line", so it doesn't get invoked
> until after you've finished typing the command...
>
> Unless this is a proposal to create a console version of hoogle, a bit
> like ghci, which could take advantage of System.Console.Readline.

I do have something like that in the works (hoogli), but its not ready
for the world quite yet.

> BTW, on Windows XP command line filename completion is enabled - just
> use the Tab key. On NT4 and W2K you have to tweak the registry to switch
> it on (and you can choose which key to use, if you don't like Tab).

Yes, I know command line completion works - but only for files, not
for anything else, and there is no way to make it work for other
things. However, I know that zsh can do funky things like
autocompleting ssh paths etc - and I think I remember seeing that
there was some way a program could tell zsh what it could autocomplete
to - but that is a hazy memory from a while ago.

Thanks

Neil