HEAD: Problem with compat/cbits/unicode.c

Reilly Hayes rfh at reillyhayes.com
Tue May 9 15:45:12 EDT 2006

compat/cbits/unicode.c contains the following line:

#if __GLASGOW_HASKELL__ < 604 || (__GLASGOW_HASKELL__==604 &&
__GHC_PATCHLEVEL__==0)

__GHC_PATCHLEVEL__ is set by compat/Makefile to be equal to
GhcPatchLevel, which seems to be set to the patch level of the
INSTALLED Ghc compiler.  If there is no installed Ghc compiler,
__GHC_PATCHLEVEL__ is blank and unicode.c fails to compile because &&
wants another operand.

I took the lazy to this by setting GhcPatchLevel in my mk/build.mk file.

Reilly Hayes
rfh at reillyhayes.com