Building head & numerics project

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at
Fri May 5 03:13:08 EDT 2006

The most straightforward thing to do is not to build the OpenAL package.
I'm sure Sven is working on fixing it, but meanwhile it's entirely
inessential.  Simply edit the libraries/Makefile.

From: glasgow-haskell-users-bounces at
[mailto:glasgow-haskell-users-bounces at] On Behalf Of
Creighton Hogg
Sent: 04 May 2006 19:01
To: GHC Users Mailing List
Subject: Building head & numerics project

So I'm interested in working on the project on improving numerics
performance in GHC proposed on the SoC page here
Since I have a full time job, I'd just like to do this on my own time
rather than take up an SoC slot.

In that vein, Don Stewart suggested that the first thing to do was check
out the most recent ghc code from darcs and build it.
Well, I've been getting the same problems as here
and I was wondering if anyone knew of a workaround or if we could figure
out an environment set up that *could* build ghc correctly.

Creighton Hogg