import prefers module in package over local module

Michael Marte marte at pms.informatik.uni-muenchen.de
Tue May 2 06:28:14 EDT 2006

Hello *,

I am migrating a project from ghc 6.2 to ghc 6.4. This project has a
module called Pretty and that's where my problems start. When importing
Pretty, ghc does not consider my local definition but the Pretty module
from the standard library (which is an alias for
Text.PrettyPrint.HughesPJ). Is this behaviour intended or is it a bug?
Can I change it? If it is intended, can somebody explain the rationale
to me?

BTW, I am using -hidir and -odir and the latest Debian package
containing ghc 6.4.1.

Thank you,
Michael