ANNOUNCE: GHC vesrion 6.4.2

Sven Panne Sven.Panne at aedion.de
Mon May 1 05:07:50 EDT 2006

Am Sonntag, 30. April 2006 10:15 schrieb Bulat Ziganshin:
> may be it's not too late to just rerelease GHC? especially if hooks
> interface in current cabal version don't planned to change in
> foreseeable future. having common cabal interface for 6.4.2 and 6.6
> will be a great thing

I think that re-releasing SW with varying functionality/APIs under the same
release number is the worst one can do, as this will only cause confusion
("Which GHC 6.4.2 are you talking about in your bug report?" etc.). A 6.4.3
release seems to be the more appropriate way and the amount of work involved
is the same.

Cheers,
   S.