GHC 6.5 on Mac Os X

Wolfgang Thaller wolfgang.thaller at gmx.net
Wed Mar 29 14:01:53 EST 2006

On 28-Mar-06, at 4:52 AM, Simon Marlow wrote:

> This seems very strange indeed - I immediately suspect something
> odd with your hardware.  Try swapping out RAM, if you can.
>
> Strange that it only seems to affect Perl (Perl is running the
> mangler that generates that .s file).  I suppose it's possible
> there could be something strange with your Perl - maybe try
> replacing that?
>
> If you run GHC with -keep-tmp-files, you can capture the
> erroneous .s file for later inspection; that might give us more clues.

We went through that off-list on the weekend. Perl really seems to be
misbehave in a strange, non-deterministic way on Christopher's machine.
I, too, suspect a strange hardware problem, but the fact is that I am
clueless. Did you know that the Catholic Church still has trained
exorcists?

Cheers,

Wolfgang