ghc releasing memory during compilation

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 05:17:53 EST 2006

Hello Ketil,

Wednesday, March 22, 2006, 11:02:49 AM, you wrote:

of course, any complicated algorithm can be a result of long
researches and so we are far from such algorithms. my words is more a
rhetorical point than concrete suggestion. that's real on this moment:

1) tune the ghc algorithm to kill "worst cases", especially disk
swapping

2) make the ghc's internal GC tuning features more accessible (it's
really more a question of documenting than adding/changing APIs) so
that anyone who need a specific GC tuning algorithm for his own
program can implement it himself

3) document the GC and GC tuning details

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com