newbie: building ghc

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Thu Mar 16 13:36:31 EST 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-16 at 13:22 -0500, Mark Greenbank wrote:
> Hi DUncan,
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> I've installed a ghc compiler on my Linux box in order to
> cross-compile and I'm getting the following error. Any ideas?

You'll have to be very specific about exactly what procedures you're
following. Porting ghc to a new platform is a bit tricky and there are
many ways it can go wrong, especially if one doesn't exactly follow the
recommended procedures.

So you're now doing what exactly? Building ghc on your linux box? Is
that just an ordinary build (which should work fine) or are you using
special config options etc.

you're following these instructions?

http://haskell.org/ghc/docs/6.4.1/html/building/sec-porting-ghc.html#unregisterised-porting

What stage are you at?