Need help to call ord in Data.Char

Robert Dockins robdockins at fastmail.fm
Sat Mar 4 11:08:34 EST 2006

On Saturday 04 March 2006 11:03 am, Omar Alvi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am new to Haskell(GHC). When i try to call the function ord which is in
> Data.Char from Prelude prompt. I get the following error. Not in scope ord.
> Hope to hear from someone soon.

From your comments, I assume you're using ghci.  You can use the ":module"
command to bring more modules into scope.  For example ":module +Data.Char"
will bring the "Data.Char" module into scope.

$ ghci
   ___         ___ _
 / /_\// /_/ / /  | |      GHC Interactive, version 6.4.1, for Haskell 98.
/ /_\\/ __  / /___| |      http://www.haskell.org/ghc/

Prelude> :module +Data.Char
Prelude Data.Char> :t ord
ord :: Char -> Int