GHC 6.4.1 and Win32 DLLs: Bug in shutdownHaskell?

Michael Marte marte at pms.informatik.uni-muenchen.de
Fri Mar 3 09:06:23 EST 2006

Cyril,

I know the Haskell Wiki page you pointed to; it does not answer my
specific questions.

The decision which compiler to use is not up to me and, as the Wiki page
points out, there is no other way to use Haskell modules from within a
Visual Studio C++ compiled application than via a DLL:

"The Windows distribution of GHC comes bundled with the GCC compiler,
which is used as backend. That's why linking Haskell with Visual C++ is
no different from linking GCC-generated code with the code generated by
Visual C++.

One cannot statically link together object files produced by those two
compilers, but they can be linked dynamically: an executable produced by
Visual C++ can invoke a DLL produced by GCC, and vice versa."

Michael