Missing Folder in ghc?

Ashley Yakeley ashley at semantic.org
Wed Mar 1 15:06:27 EST 2006

Simon Marlow wrote:
> The configure script has mis-detected your GHC version somehow.  Could
> you look through the output of configure, and see what it says about
> GHC?

Nothing special:

Canonicalised to: i386-unknown-linux
checking for path to top of build tree...
/home/ashley/Projects/Collected/Haskell/ghc
checking for ghc... /usr/bin/ghc
checking version of ghc... 6.4
checking for nhc... no
checking for nhc98... no
checking for hbc... no

> Also look in mk/config.mk, at the value of GhcCanonVersion.

GHC             = /usr/bin/ghc
GhcDir          = $(dir $(GHC))
GhcVersion      = 6.4
GhcMajVersion   = 6
GhcMinVersion   = 4
GhcPatchLevel   = 0

# Canonicalised ghc version number, used for easy (integer) version
# comparisons.  We must expand $(GhcMinVersion) to two digits by
# adding a leading zero if necessary:
ifneq "$(findstring $(GhcMinVersion), 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9)" ""
GhcCanonVersion = $(GhcMajVersion)0$(GhcMinVersion)
else
GhcCanonVersion = $(GhcMajVersion)$(GhcMinVersion)
endif

> Maybe you switched GHC versions but didn't reconfigure?

I think the problem is that I called autoconf etc. before I called
darcs-all get, but not after. Calling autoreconf fixed the problem.

--
Ashley Yakeley