Solaris x86 package

Georg Sauthoff gsauthof at TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Fri Jun 2 08:52:14 EDT 2006

Hi,

finally I built a working ghc 6.4.2 [1] for Solaris x86. Since I couldn't
find any binary package at the GHC homepage, this was a little time consuming
procedurce (starting with unregistered build etc).

Thus I want to save other Solaris x86 users from that by contributing a
Solaris x86 binary package for the ghc web page. How should I proceed?
Should I open a ticket at the homepage for that? What should I consider?
Is 'make binary-dist' the right target?

And what about some ghc libraries? Is it ok to exclude some, like opengl,
readline and X11 related packages, because with them the binary package
would be too specific to my Solaris environment (or dependent at a
specific readline version)?

I guess, because 6.4.3 includes some fixes, it make sense to do the
packaging for that version instead of 6.4.2.

If no one packages for Solaris sparc, I could do that, too.

Regards
Georg Sauthoff

[1] with non-threaded rts