Rebuilding GHC on Mac OSX PPC

Simon Marlow simonmarhaskell at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 03:47:49 EDT 2006

Joel Reymont wrote:
> It didn't take me long to discover allocateExec in ./ghc/rts/Storage.c.
>
> I'm at a loss for clues as the build line that's trying to build  stage1
> ghc and barfing does not include anything from the rts  directory.
> Shouldn't it?

Ah, I see the problem.  We added allocateExec() after the 6.4.2, but the version
in the source tree is still 6.4.2, so GHC thinks it is safe to assume the two
versions are the same, when in fact the 6.4.2 you are bootstrapping with doesn't
have allocateExec().  I've bumped the version in the source tree to 6.4.3, this
should fix the build for you.