-threaded

Georg Sauthoff gsauthof at TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Fri Jul 7 08:09:18 EDT 2006

On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 11:28:44AM +0100, Simon Marlow wrote:

Hi,

> We know about the threaded RTS bugs on Sparc, and 6.4.3 won't be
> released without a fix for this.  I'm actually quite glad that we've
> forced this into the open with 6.4.2, otherwise the bug would probably
> have remained dormant, affecting only those who used -threaded on Sparc.

Solaris x86 has similar bugs with the RTS (like mentioned in previous
posts). A summary: 6.4 branch from cvs changed the occurrence a bit - it
is harder to reproduce it - but possible - and now it segfaults (before
- 6.4.2 - it hanged).

To try a debug enabled -threaded version of ghc and follow
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/DebuggingGhcCrashes is on my
TODO list.

Regards
Georg Sauthoff