Full Release Notes for GHC 6.4.1?
bulatz at HotPOP.com
Thu Jan 26 05:02:56 EST 2006
Wednesday, January 25, 2006, 10:43:44 PM, you wrote:
RF> I'm wondering if there exists a full description of bug fixes between
RF> GHC 6.4 and 6.4.1.
RF> The short one on the GHC web site only details new features.
RF> Specifically, I'm interested to know if there were any changes to the
RF> portion of GHC? I'm encountering some nasty FFI/threading issues that
RF> are causing GHC
RF> 6.4 to crash.
yes, at least one was reported by me and fixed in 6.4.1. i attached my
test case for this bug and it is the description:
enclosed program demostrates either bug in GHC 6.2.1/win32 or bug in my mind :)
1. we create several threads with forkOS
2. each thread calls C function
3. C function in each thread made several calls back to Haskell
4. called Haskell functions do some work with memory
5. all these threads ended because C function returns
6. we create another several threads...
after repeating these steps several times program crashes
Bulat mailto:bulatz at HotPOP.com
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 1223 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.haskell.org//pipermail/glasgow-haskell-users/attachments/20060126/634acf97/mtest.bin
More information about the Glasgow-haskell-users