Linking with C++ produced by Visual Studio .NET on Windows XP?

Brian Hulley brianh at metamilk.com
Tue Jan 24 06:48:30 EST 2006

Brian Hulley wrote:
> and compiled with
>
> ghc -fglasgow-exts --make Main.hs -optl-lTestDLL -optl-L

Oops! I see I missed out the "." which I'd not realised was part of the
command line (seems the linker need to be told explicity to look in the
current directory also), so it links using:

ghc -fglasgow-exts --make Main.hs -optl-lTestDLL -optl-L.

I then copied Debug/TestDLL.dll into the current directory so that it is in
the same directory as main.exe, but now I get an error when I run the
application. It finds the dll ok, but then a dialog box pops up saying:

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b)"

Any ideas?

Thanks, Brian.