HEADS UP! Re: darcs switchover

Simon Marlow simonmar at microsoft.com
Fri Jan 20 09:02:05 EST 2006

Nobody shouted, so I propose we throw the final switch now.  If you have
uncommitted patches in CVS, just move them over to a darcs tree and
continue from there.

Just to be clear, this is what's happening:

   - the darcs repositories listed at
       http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/GhcDarcs
     will be the main repositories for the GHC HEAD

   - changes from CVS will no longer be propagated to darcs (John,
     can you run that script one final time and then turn it off?
     Let's set the cutoff time for 1700 GMT today, if that's possible).

   - The 6.4 branch will remain in CVS, I'll be merging
     patches by hand until this branch comes to the end of
     its life after the 6.4.2 release.

   - commit mails for ghc, testsuite, and nofib are being sent to
     cvs-ghc at haskell.org.  commit mails for all the packages are
     being sent to cvs-libraries at haskell.org.  (at some point I'll
     rename these lists, or at least set up aliases).

Please join me in thanking John Goerzen for all his hard work in setting
up these repositories.