darcs switchover

T.C. Andrew tcandrew at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 12:42:11 EST 2006

On 1/13/06, Simon Marlow <simonmar at microsoft.com> wrote:

> John Goerzen wrote:
> > On 2006-01-11, John Goerzen <jgoerzen at complete.org> wrote:
> >
> >>I've talked to Simon about this, and here's what we've agreed I will do:
> >>
> >> * I will re-convert all of the top-level directories in the current
> >>   libraries darcs repo, except for: doc, mk, and Cabal
> >> * Each new repo will be under darcs.haskell.org/packages
> >> * I will convert HEAD only and not the ghc-6.4 branch.
> >>   Simon plans to continue using CVS for ghc-6.4 anyway.
> >

> > These steps are now done.
> >
> > See all the new repos under http://darcs.haskell.org/packages.
> >
> > libraries and libraries.ghc-6.4 are now gone.
>
> And GHC is now usable from the new darcs setup.  I've updated the
> instructions on the wiki:
>
>    http://cvs.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/GhcDarcs
>
> All of the packages are sync'd from CVS except for Cabal - it seemed
> more sensible to use the existing Cabal repo directly.  However I've
> taken a branch of that Cabal repo to add the fptools Makefiles for now;
> the branch is in http://darcs.haskell.org/packages/Cabal.
>
> I added a script darcs-all at the top-level of the ghc tree which
> automates invoking darcs on the various sub-repos.  To get a whole tree,
> do this:
>
>    $ darcs get --partial http://darcs.haskell.org/ghc
>    $ cd ghc
>    $ chmod +x ./darcs-all
>    $ ./darcs-all get
>
> and to pull new changes:
>
>    $ ./darcs-all pull
>
> Please test, as we'd like to switch over as soon as possible.
>
> Cheers,
>         Simon

After I completed the above procedure to get the source, and then
$autoreconf
$./configure
$make

the build always stuck at:
==fptools== make all -wr;
 in /login/haskell/public/ghc/ghc/compiler
/bin/sh: line 0: test: 2.20051206: integer expression expected
/bin/sh: line 0: test: 2.20051206: integer expression expected
/bin/sh: line 0: test: 2.20051206: integer expression expected

Any ideas?  I am using Debian (testing).

- Quan