inside the GHC code generator

Niklas Sorensson nik at cs.chalmers.se
Mon Feb 27 11:46:48 EST 2006

Hello,

> SPJ> tail calls is another,
>
> nowadays gcc optimize tail calls

I found this thesis on the subject by Andreas Bauer:

  "Compilation of Functional Programming Languages using GCC -- Tail
Calls"

Do you know if it is his work that was incorporated into GCC?

I browsed trough some parts of the thesis, and he mentions GHC as one of
the motivations for his work (the thesis also seems to be a nice
tutorial on the internals of GCC). From this thread it seems that GHC
cannot currently take advantage of his work. Is that correct?

/Niklas