ghc-6.6-src-extralibs.tar.bz2

Sven Panne sven.panne at aedion.de
Fri Dec 8 02:55:28 EST 2006

Am Donnerstag, 7. Dezember 2006 11:37 schrieb Christian Maeder:
> The archive
> http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/6.6/ghc-6.6-src-extralibs.tar.bz2
> does not contain the files ControlPoint.hs and Domain.hs from directory
> libraries/OpenGL/Graphics/Rendering/OpenGL/GL/

If I see things correctly, the 6.6 extralibs contain the version 2.1 of the
OpenGL package, i.e. the stuff currently in
http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/unstable/OpenGL/, at least I hope so. :-/

> These files are listed by the binary distribution
> http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/6.6/ghc-6.6-i386-unknown-linux.tar.bz2
>
> Personally I don't miss these files, but they are of course missing from
> distributions I (and possibly others) made.
>
> How imported are these files? They are also not listed in
> libraries/OpenGL/openGL.cabal.

The current HEAD (i.e. http://darcs.haskell.org/packages/OpenGL/) contains the
bleeding edge version of the OpenGL package, and the version number has
already been bumped to 2.2 there (although the version is not yet finished)
to avoid confusion. Due to some refactorings, this version has the modules
you've mentioned, and they are in the .cabal file, too. So if there is
something wrong, it must be the packaging of the 6.6 distributions, but not
the OpenGL package itself.

To be honest, I don't fully understand the workflow for building the
"official" GHC distributions currently. In former times, the whole tree,
including libraries, had a CVS tag, so things were crystal-clear. But due to
the new flexibility of making packages independent, we suffer from versionits
now, it seems... Some comments/explanations from the packagers are highly
welcome.

Cheers,
   S.