Replacement for GMP: Update

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 11:20:23 EDT 2006

Hello Simon,

>> is not exactly true. look at "Non-stop Haskell"

> Simply because it adds overhead (both in runtime and code complexity), and the
> benefits are relatively modest.

i think that GC that don't stops the world is just a different
product. even if it makes program, say, 2 times slower overall. just
imagine game like Quake written in GHC ;)

of course, i understand that you don't want to support one more GC
architecture, just mentioned why it may matter for some people

> Parallel major GC was worked on by Roshan James during his internship here this
> summer, and we have some working code, but it needs a lot more testing and
> tuning, and it may be some time before we can incorporate this into the mainline.

so it seems that it will not be included in 6.6.* ?

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com