Rebuilding GHC on Mac OSX PPC

Gregory Wright gwright at comcast.net
Tue Aug 1 12:02:35 EDT 2006

Hi,

This is probably the libedit issue.  On OS X, NetBSD's libedit is
installed.
Libedit provides a partial implementation of the readline API.  On OS X,
Apple has symlinked /usr/lib/libreadline.dylib to libedit.   This is
not a good
idea.

I submitted at patch to fix this and I think it was committed to
HEAD.  It detects
that libedit is not libreadline and refuses to use it.  It's not a
problem on
darwinports because I explicitly require that DP's readline be used and
set up the path to find it during configuration.

Best Wishes,
Greg