under solaris

Christian Maeder maeder at tzi.de
Wed Apr 19 04:58:48 EDT 2006

Simon Marlow wrote:
> Christian Maeder wrote:
>> A further problem occured when installing my binary distribution. The
>> installed file "bin/ghc" (and bin/ghci) did not have the mini-driver,
>> but only the settings up to DEFAULT_TMPDIR.
> Did you have BIN_DIST=1 in your build.mk from the beginning?

The files in the binary distribution are:

lrwxrwxrwx   1 maeder   wimi          18 Apr 18 15:03 ghc ->
-rwxr-xr-x   1 maeder   wimi         130 Apr 18 15:03 ghc-

but when installing I get:

Creating a configured version of ghc- ..
cat: cannot open bin/sparc-sun-solaris2/ghc-

Should the binary dist have already .sh files?