under solaris

Simon Marlow simonmarhaskell at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 08:03:20 EDT 2006

Christian Maeder wrote:
> Simon Marlow wrote:
>> GhcBinDistDirs is set by ghc/mk/config.mk, which is included by the
>> top-level Makefile.
> I see, there's another mk/config.mk in the subdirectory "ghc"
>> $ make show Project=Ghc VALUE=GhcBinDistDirs
>> GhcBinDistDirs="ghc libraries hslibs"
> in this subdirectory I get the same result, but
> 'GhcBinDistDirs=""' one level up.

This bit of Makefile code is possibly going wrong for you:

    -include $(shell echo $(ProjectDirectory) | tr A-Z a-z)/mk/config.mk
    -include $(shell echo $(ProjectDirectory) | tr A-Z a-z)/mk/version.mk

Try this instead:

   $ make Project=Ghc ProjectDirectory=ghc show VALUE=GhcBinDistDirs

from the top level.  Maybe that tr command doesn't work on Solaris?